2 large eggplants
1/2 cup olive oil for frying
2 medium onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 small tomatoes, chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 cup shredded cheese ( I used Mozzarella & old cheddar)
1. Remove the leaves from the eggplants, and slice in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out the centers of the eggplants, leaving a half-inch shell so they resemble 'canoes'. Cut the center portion into small pieces, and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, and sauté for a few minutes, until tender. Add the eggplant pieces, and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Then, stir in the tomato, green pepper, and parsley. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat, and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the ¾ of the cheese until evenly blended. Divide the mixture evenly between the four eggplant shells. Place the eggplant halves on a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until the tops are browned. Once done add remaining cheese and pop back into the oven until the cheese is melted.
Serve & Enjoy!
Tip!! Next time I am going to add Italian sausage to make a complete meal.